Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

About Me

a wife, a mother, a daughter, a full time employee, part time momprenuer, blogger, traveler, wants to get things done on time, a frustrated journalist, a chocolate lover, a God-fearing person, highly critic, ISKA ng bayan, sometimes a bitch but most of the time, an angel.:)

Generic and Imported Diapers - A Review


When I’m still pregnant, I told hubby that we’re going to use the traditional lampin on her for us to save money. Luckily for us, one of my friends had given me “lampins” on my baby shower.

But when I gave birth, I saw the necessity of using disposable diapers on her.  I gave birth via C-Section, a Mompreneur, and has a fulltime job. My mom was the only one who takes care of my baby when I am at work. Using disposable diapers can make me save laundry soap, water and of course time! And aside fro the fact that newborns usually use 5-9 pieces of diapers per day because they often poop.

We tried EQ Newborn on her. We tried the starter pack of 4 pieces, and that costs 27 pesos, or 6.75 pesos each. When we saw the demand, we bought bigger packs, the biggest available in supermarkets was the 24pc pack, which is around 125 pesos, or roughly 5.20 pesos each.
After days of using EQ, I noticed that it leaks whenever she poops, thus making me change her clothes often. I thought at first that this was normal. So I just ignored the burden of a leaking diaper for several weeks. Until one day, I noticed some red spots on Gabby’s butt. She also cries more at night. She also cries when she poops. The red spots became rashes and alas, she’s suffering from diaper rash.

It alarmed me so much, knowing also that she’s not comfortable and she is in pain. I then searched the net on how to treat diaper rashes. I saw some several creams, but they were pricey. I then saw that it was indeed come from diapers, and changing diaper brands is the best solution.

At the back of my mind, I am thinking that good quality diapers come with a cost. But I was wrong. I came into a parenting website wherein there were good reviews regarding Generic diapers, meaning, diapers that are not out in the market. These were imported ones, usually came from Malaysia, Thailand, Hongkong and USA. Some of them come in branded packaging, but most of them come in clear packaging.

I tried them on Gabby, and I was really glad that she was no longer having diaper rashes! Not to mention, they were really really cheap! A piece of small diaper was only 5 to 6 pesos, depending on brand. But that is already cloth-like, breathable, with aloe vera and hypoallergenic just like the branded ones in the market. These are also absorbent, I only uses 2 to 3 pieces of diapers a day on her, and also, goodbye leaks and sleepless nights.

I’ll be having a detailed review on each diaper that Gabby used in my succeeding blogs. J

Now I knew that a mother’s love should not always be expensive. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

saw you on girl talk... followed you via GFC, feel free to follow me back... :)


www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

Breaking Mad said...

Honest diapers have the reputation of being the best disposable diapers on the market, and the reputation is deserved. They are more absorbent than other expensive diapers, as they are designed for overnight wear, and more importantly, they do NOT have the annoying liners or anything.
honest diaper reviews

Unknown said...

hi. what was the brand of the diaper that you used? thanks

Post a Comment